|The 4MRMarket Chard & Onion Frittata|
Pick up mixed greens and green onions from Pleitez Produce, heritage breed eggs from Herban Avenue, chard, herbs, and garlic from C&T Produce, elderberry vinaigrette from Patowmack Farms, and baby swiss cheese from Tom's Amish Cheese Store. Cook and crumble some fresh bacon from the What's For Dinner Now into the omelet if you're feeling a little more meaty. This recipe works also works well as a frittata or crustless quiche. Really good!!
For the salad, just wash and cut or tear lettuce and any other fresh veggies you like in your salad. Toss with the elderberry vinaigrette and serve along side a nice wedge of omelet. Don't forget to set it all atop a handmade place mat from Uncommon Knits!
Here's what you'll find at the market this week to satisfy those cravings. Come early to beat the heat, or show up later and cool down with an iced tea or coffee from St. Elmo's Coffee Pub. Stay awhile in our market lounge and pick up a nice pastry to get your day started!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" (Shenandoah) - Natural, locally farm-raised black Angus beef, and now fresh, farm raised Pork, including bacon and andouille, chorizo, and breakfast sausage! (all flash frozen for convenience)
- Pleitez Produce (Northern Neck) - A full range of locally grown produce, herbs, and more.
- Herban Avenues at AHHA Ranch (Lovettsville, VA) - Herbal remedies, amazing soaps, heritage breed chicken eggs, and a variety of herbs.
- Patowmack Farm/Divine Foods (Lovettsville, VA) - Crepes and Smoothies made-to-order, plus organic, value added products.
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C&T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Uncommon Knits (WV) - Handwoven linens made with 100% cotton and hand-stitched hems for your kitchen, dining room and bath.
- Ron RLR-Designs (Herndon, VA) - Artistic photo prints to dress up any wall
- Yoli B. (Hanover, MD) - Hand-stitched kids clothing.
- Sweet Hearts Patisserie (Fairfax, VA) - a Northern Virginia based patisserie specializing in gourmet victorian petit fours and other miniature sized pastries. Sweet Hearts petit fours are made in a variety of delectable flavors and designs, and make the perfect gift or tea time treat. NEW!
If you're a SNAP/EBT participant, remember to come out and take advantage of the Inova-sponsored "Double Dollar" program that doubles the first $10 SNAP participants spend at the market. 4MRMarket is the first farmers’ market in Northern Virginia (and still the only) to accept SNAP.
Please support your volunteer-run neighborhood farmers market. We can't do it without neighborhood support! Also, volunteers are always welcome to help find musicians to play the market and to help book the community tent with City agencies, non-profits, etc. Find a Market Manager and ask to help, or email us at email@example.com for more info.