So fire up the grill, throw on some fresh buttered corn from C&T Produce or Pleitez Produce, throw together a tasty garden salad or other delicious (but healthy) veggie side, and throw some delicious steaks from Stifler Farms on the grill. There are so many great reasons to call on 4MRMarket for your 4th of July needs, not least of which is showing support for the efforts of your volunteer market managers that keep this great Arlandria market rolling!
Don't forget, all the great summer veggies are now in season! Stock up and get there early to beat the heat and get first pick of gorgeous corn, cantaloupes, and so many other delicious market items!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" (Shenandoah) - Natural, locally farm-raised black Angus beef, and now fresh, farm raised Pork, including bacon and andouille, chorizo, and breakfast sausage! (all flash frozen for convenience)
- Pleitez Produce (Northern Neck) - A full range of locally grown produce, herbs, and more.
- Patowmack Farm/Divine Foods (Lovettsville, VA) - Crepes and Smoothies made-to-order, plus organic, value added products.
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C&T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Uncommon Knits (WV) - Handwoven linens made with 100% cotton and hand-stitched hems for your kitchen, dining room and bath.
- Ron RLR-Designs (Herndon, VA) - Artistic photo prints to dress up any wall
- Yoli B. (Hanover, MD) - Hand-stitched kids clothing. NEW!
- Sweet Hearts Patisserie (Fairfax, VA) - a Northern Virginia based patisserie specializing in gourmet victorian petit fours and other miniature sized pastries. Sweet Hearts petit fours are made in a variety of delectable flavors and designs, and make the perfect gift or tea time treat. NEW!
VeloCity bike co-op will be on-site doing teaching bike maintenance and repair. In our 4MRMarket Tent come meet folks from the Dominion Green Power Program.
If you're a SNAP/EBT participant, remember to come out and take advantage of the Inova-sponsored "Double Dollar" program that doubles the first $10 SNAP participants spend at the market. 4MRMarket is the first farmers’ market in Northern Virginia (and still the only) to accept SNAP.
Please support your volunteer-run neighborhood farmers market. We can't do it without neighborhood support! We still need volunteers to help us find musicians to play the market and help staff the SNAP machine (after some training, of course). Find a Market Manager and ask to help, or email us at email@example.com for more info.