|Delicious Fall Greens are now available!|
Photo from Troo Food Liberation
Between bad weather and holidays, perhaps many summer market goers just got out of the habit. We've noticed a drop-off since summer, but the vendors are still there every Sunday, and they need you to make it worth their while. So if you enjoy having another great Farmers Market option in Alexandria, and specifically one in your backyard, please come out to shop on Sunday, from 8am - 1pm. The volunteers will be there no matter what, but the Farmers and Artisans can only come out if it they can meet the bottom line.
We're still gathering names for the chance to win one of four $5 Gift Tokens as our way to reward customer loyalty. Come to the 4MRMarket tent for a complimentary BuyFresh BuyLocal market bag. Bring it back to 4MRMarket and show it to a market manager in September and you will be entered in the drawing.
Here are other ways to help keep this community enterprise alive:
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MR Park. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund. More information here.
ANSWER. Do you like to bike to 4MRMarket? If so, please fill out this survey from the League of American Bicyclists to help get 4MRMarket certified as an official Bike Friendly Business.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
|Have a heart. |
Sampling fresh sausage and variety meats.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" (Shenandoah) - Natural, locally farm-raised black Angus beef, and now fresh, farm raised Pork, including bacon and andouille, chorizo, and breakfast sausage! (all flash frozen for convenience)
- Pleitez Produce (Northern Neck) - A full range of locally grown produce, herbs, and more.
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C and T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Simply Healthy Water (Vienna, VA) - Try Dennis and Eileen's homeostatic filtered water and see if it's something you want to be able to enjoy every day.
Plan ahead and contact any of these great folks online if you'd like to shop virtually during the week.
VeloCity bike co-op will be on-site doing teaching bike maintenance and repair. And our 4MRMarket Tent will certainly be the host to some great community group.
|VeloCitizen Kris bringing the mobile |
bike repair shop to 4MRMarket