|Come see the revitalization take shape. |
Help with the trees!
The market will be from 8am to 1pm again this season. The weather looks like it will be a sunny, perfect spring day in the mid 70s. What better way to spend a Sunday morning. Come enjoy fresh produce, coffee and tea, baked goods, and great artisan crafts.
Just like every week, you can enjoy a tasty pastry and coffee in the 4MRMarket Lounge.
See the "DONATE" note, below. 4MR Park Phase 1 is just about complete, but the as yet unfunded Phase 2 includes trees, rain gardens, additional landscaping, banners, painting the plaza, etc. Help move renovations even further along!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MR Park. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund. More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at email@example.com for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Pleitez Produce (Northern Neck) - A full range of locally grown produce, herbs, and more.
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C and T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" (Shenandoah) - Natural, locally farm-raised black Angus beef, and now fresh, farm raised Pork, including bacon and andouille, chorizo, and breakfast sausage! (all flash frozen for convenience)
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
- Uncommon Knits (WV) - Handwoven linens made with 100% cotton and hand-stitched hems for your kitchen, dining room and bath.
- Benevolent Eaters Guild (Alexandria, VA) - Traditional fermented vegetables and soy products.
- Indigo's Friends - Come see Imani Russel's upcycled line of clothing and jewelry. Reduce, Reuse, and Upcycle, indeed!