|The 4th of July is the unofficial opening of Summer. Enjoy|
the official vegetable of summer with sweet, delicious corn
Come out early this Sunday to beat the heat. 4MRMarket opens bright and early at 8am. The temperature is supposed to be in the mid-80s range at the market opening. Don't forget to stock up for a fresh, locally sourced 4th of July barbecue!
At the market, cool off with an iced tea or coffee from St. Elmo's and a pastry from Bread and Chocolate and relax in the shaded Market Lounge.
No one wants to crank up the stove or oven during a hot summer day, so think grilling foods for Sunday and for the 4th! How about some sweet corn or other grillable veg from C&T Produce (plus a watermelon and ingredients for a fresh, tasty salad!) and a fantastic steak from grass-fed, pasture raised beef from the Stifler Farm? Fill out your shopping list with some delicious artisan cheese from Tom's Amish Cheese and a cool pickled side dish from No. 1 Sons.
Remember, beat the heat and show up early Sunday morning.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week to satisfy your summer cravings:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia .
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork and, now, Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce. - UPDATE: The Stifler Farm will not be at the market today.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Ephesian Beauty (Manassas, VA) - Pure, natural homemade skin care and beauty supplies.
- Swee Lo Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.