|Catch "The Uncle Devin Show" |
from 11am to noon this Sunday!
in Four Mile Run Park for a fun, musical way to learn!
The Uncle Devin Show is a live, participatory musical experience for children by world renowned drummer and author, Devin Walker. He uses the drum, both traditional and electronic, to convey universal principles of love to children and to inspire young people into pursuing the artist within themselves. This interactive show seeks to connect with children through the drum and the art of storytelling that will lead toward their personal, cultural and social development.
4MRMarket runs from 8am until 1pm. Uncle Devin takes the stage at 11am.
See our previous release about this weekends show for a few more details, or check out this YouTube video to get a preview of how the group interacts with children. Don't miss out, as you kids will love the show!
While you're here, peruse the local produce offerings, including some beets from C&T Produce to go with the kid friendly beats. (See what we did there?!) Also, don't forget our other great products like artisanal cheese, naturally fermented pickles, kim chi and other great products. And from our newest vendor out of Springfield, Sweet Central Cupcakes: baked goods such as cupcakes and other items and many other fresh goodies. We also welcome back Bread & Chocolate and What's for Dinner Now after a weekend off for Father's Day.
Sunday will be like a perfect spring day in June, with temperatures in the 80s and sunny. Enjoy a coffee or iced tea from St. Elmo's Coffee Pub. Hang out in our market lounge and pick up a nice pastry or sweet to get your day started!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week to satisfy your summer cravings:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia .
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork and, now, Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Sweetcentral Babycakes (Springfield, VA) - Artfully crafted cupcakes in babycake and teenycake sizes from Elda. This is her first market, so please welcome her and give her delicious babycakes a try.
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Ephesian Beauty (Manassas, VA) - Pure, natural homemade skin care and beauty supplies.
Maybe's for this week (haven't been able to confirm yet):
- Swee Lo Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Olio Fresh olive oils and aged balsamics.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.