After yesterday's torrential storms, happily, the brand new 4MR Park expansion is still intact and nothing floated away (that we know of). Come enjoy a beautiful morning tomorrow with sun and temperatures in the low 70s... before the real heat of summer sets in.
|What's For Dinner Now beef sage sausage,|
Herban Avenue spring mix and
C&T Produce hot house tomatoes.
If you're reading this but haven't given us a try, or haven't been back in awhile, this would be a great week to come out.
Peruse the selection of fruit and veg from C&T Produce, kick back in the 4MRMarket Lounge with a coffee from St. Elmo's and a pastry or empanada from Bread and Chocolate.
Then grab some fresh, Shenandoah Valley grass fed beef from What's For Dinner Now. And, check out the selection of crafts, natural beauty supplies, or delicious, artisan naturally fermented pickles from No. 1 Sons.
Remember, Buy Fresh, Buy Local.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Bread and Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C and T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia .
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Love and Glitter (Ellicott City, MD) - HANDMADE goods from LOCAL artisans.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork and, now, Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce.
- Ephesian Beauty (Manassas, VA) - NEW VENDOR! - Pure, natural homemade skin care and beauty supplies.
- Swee Lo Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Olio Fresh olive oils and aged balsamics.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.