|Art Hildebrand will be on the 4MRMarket Stage|
Sunday morning from 11am to noon.
It's Labor Day weekend, and we'll have Art Hildebrand laboring away on the 4MR Stage to bring you a fantastic performance from 11am to noon. He is an acoustic guitarist who performs in the DC area with fellow guitarist Shawn Askin and harmonica player, Joe Weber. The three perform a range of blues tunes, in the style of the great Delta players like Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters.
Art's background is in classical and folk guitar in addition to blues; Shawn has played with bands in the New York and DC area over the years; and Joe, the latest member, has many years of accompanying a variety of musicians on harmonica. (Click for samples of Art's music)
If you like John Fahey, Leo Kottke, Jorma Kaukonen, etc., check out Art Hildebrand.
|4MRMarket as featured on NPR|
Baguette Republic is back with breads and baked goods, and market favorite Uncommon Knits will be here, selling their hand woven placemats, napkins, dish towels, and the like.
4MRMarket has our great supply of produce, meat, cheese, crafts, breakfast treats, and more. Grab some goodies, do your shopping, pull up a seat in the 4MRMarket Lounge, and listen to some great live music!
And if you can't make it this weekend, check back the following Sunday as we'll continue to have more surprises for you at 4MRMarket!
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Update: No 1. Sons will not be at the market due to a recent batch not living up to their high standards. Check back next week.
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Uncommon Knits (WV) - Handwoven linens made with 100% cotton and hand-stitched hems for your kitchen, dining room and bath.
- Update. Just confirmed: Amalthea Ridge (Great Falls, VA) - Natural, hand-made, goat's milk-based beauty products from their very own herd of goats. They work hard to bring to you scientifically formulated, hand made products that are both better for the environment and nourishing for your body.
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath & body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Kayvee International - Clothing, dresses and scarves from India
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.