|Practically everything is in season right now! |
See full chart, courtesy of VDACS.
We have a lot of new, returning, or recently added vendors this weekend. Baguette Republic will be back with their fantastic breads and baked goods to add to the great offerings of market regular, Bread and Chocolate. New vendor Amalthea Ridge milks their herd of goats in Great Falls and makes great soaps and other beauty products. We also welcome Kayvee International, a vendor of fair trade scarves from India, for the first time this week.
4MRMarket has our great supply of produce, meat, cheese, crafts, breakfast treats, and more. As you probably noticed in the chart shown, most everything is in season right now, so it's a great time for farmers market shopping. Grab some goodies, do your shopping, pull up a seat in the 4MRMarket Lounge, and listen to some great live music!
In the community tent, we once again welcome Gina Renee' Peregory. She continues to raise funds for her participation in the Susan Komen 3-day 60 miler in October. You can help Gina's effort to support breast cancer research by donating at this website using Gina's participation number: 6507128. For donors, Gina is giving away custom printed T-shirts for every $10+ donation! So help breast cancer research, help Gina, and get a t-shirt to spread awareness.
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath & body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Kayvee International - Clothing and scarves from India
- Amalthea Ridge (Great Falls, VA) - Natural, hand-made, goat's milk-based beauty products from their very own herd of goats. They work hard to bring to you scientifically formulated, hand made products that are both better for the environment and nourishing for your body.
|Crafts available on a rotating basis.|
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.