|Kate Moran Band|
11am - noon
We often try to come up with some sort of amusing title for the 4MRMarket Report, but when there is a performance entitled "Rainbow Lady and Princess Fiddlesticks," how does one improve upon that? Here's a little info on this fun-packed show from the Del Ray Music Festival:
"Get ready for all the excitement and fun that you get at a Kate Moran Band show, shrunk down to size for your little dudes! The Rainbow Lady (Kate Moran) and Princess Fiddlesticks (Lynn Rovelli) will entertain you with a combination of classic and original children’s tunes. ”Lady” and “Princess” will keep you bopping in your socks until you just can’t rock anymore! Always on hand, inside the box of fun, tambourines, shakers and more for your little one to join in the fun, and if they are feeling like completing their rock star appearance, how about a nice little temporary Rainbow tattoo, from non other than Peppermint Patty!!
|Week 1 Haul for St. Rita's Clothing |
Drive. Gear up to give one more time!
|4MRMarket as featured on NPR|
Here is who you'll find at 4MRMarket this week:
- Bread & Chocolate (Arlandria) - A range of baked goods.
- C & Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- No. 1 Sons (Arlandria) - Produces wild cultured foods by hand in Alexandria. This brother and sister team live in Arlandria and do not heat treat or use preservatives. They make pickles, sauerkraut, dilly beans, kim chi, beets, hot sauce and more that is "Proudly Cloudy".
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
- Baguette Republic (Sterling, VA) - A traditional artisan bakery producing a large variety of artisan breads, pastries and cookies using the best European techniques and tradition.
Crafts and Natural Health Supplies:
- Swee Lo (found at the No. 1 Son's Tent) - Sterling silver jewelry handcrafted by Balinese artisans designed by Swee Lo.
- Josi Essentials Organics (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria, VA) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.