|Have yourself a Happy|
Crepe this weekend!
We already reported on all that is happening at 4MR Park this spring, with new trees coming this weekend and a MUCH cleaner stream. This is all thanks to lots of volunteer effort, a grant from Casey Trees, and a little motivation at the finish line for the volunteers thanks to a cookout by My Organic Market!
Now it's time to get Arlandria's neighborhood market out of the gates for the 4th year! Please come out and support your old favorites and a few newcomers.
This weekend, C&T Produce will bring the fresh early season produce to your doorstep, Stifler Farms will have their Shenandoah, pasture raised beef, and you can even get freshly made crepes from The Happy Crepe!
Here is our list of vendors for week 1. Other vendors will join us next week and the following few weeks as the season gets into full swing!
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- The Happy Crepe (Leesburg, VA) - Just as you'd expect, crepes made right in front of you. Piping hot and delicious!
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and a few extra goodies.
- Fluffed Up Desserts - (Alexandria) - Gourmet Marshmallow treats and macarons.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.