|Fill your reusable bag |
with veggies from C&T
Come out this weekend and see what else C&T Produce has in store. Remember, their offerings grow each week this time of year! So even if a favorite like local sweet corn wasn't available last week, it should be here any day now. You'll find a great selection already, including things like blueberries, greenhouse tomatoes, lettuces, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, green onions, sugar snap peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and more!
Singer/Songwriter Nila Kay will be brightening up your Sunday morning with on the 4MRMarket Stage with songs like this original song, Sunday Afternoon (click the link if the video below does not load).
Nila will be on stage from about 10 to noon. Even if for some reason, you just don't like buying food from sustainable, local sources, everyone can get down with some free music, am I right?!
Our artists graciously donate their time, so please feel free to donate a little bit to the artists to make it even more worth their while to come out and play for you!
Please see our FaceBook invite page for more information about the show!
Don't forget: Buy Fresh, Buy Local and Win at 4MRMarket!! Remember your “Farm. Fresh. Pledge.” punch card if you got one last week. Or, if you didn't get started yet, just ask for one at 4MRMarket and earn one punch for each $10 you spend on Virginia Grown products.
Collect all 14 punches for a chance to win a Virginia Grown® / Virginia’s Finest® gift basket valued at $250. (See the official rules for more details).
You can fill up your bags with a great selection of produce, meat, cheese, teas, health and beauty products, and more.
Here is what's at 4MRMarket this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- Fluffed Up Desserts - (Alexandria) - Gourmet Marshmallow treats and macarons. Also enjoy a breakfast s'more at this weekend's market.
- Whole Health Medical (Alexandria) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia (approved by the Alexandria Health Department).
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
- Kalika Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, go to: volunteer.4MRMarket.org to sign up or look for the "volunteer" tab on our website. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook or Twitter or via our website and blog.