|Find a new end-of-summer read at the|
Scholarship Fund of Alexandria Book Sale Part 2!
With poor weather last Scholarship Fund of Alexandria Book Sale Part 2 this Sunday in the 4MR Community Building and find that good beach read at 4MRMarket!
Sunday and just so so many books, there are still tons of good options! Come on out to the
All proceeds benefit the Scholarship Fund of Alexandria!!
Drop by from 8am to 1pm do a some shopping, enjoy a coffee or tea, and enjoy a free concert on the 4MRMarket Stage between 11 and Noon.
Food trucks may not (yet) be permitted in Alexandria, but Colorful Life, a roving truck selling contemporary Women's apparel, will bring the goods to market! Like any boutique, the customer can walk aboard the truck stocked with trendy clothing and accessories and even try on the pieces in our dressing room. Get on board this Sunday!
We welcome back 4MRMarket Veteran Jong Lee this Sunday from 10am-noon! See the 4MRMarket event page on facebook here. Jong runs Jive Sound, a bass guitar shop on the Avenue in Arlandria, and his performances earlier this year were so much fun!
Remember, the concert is free, but Jong and all our performers welcome tips and friendly applause for sharing their craft with you on a lovely Sunday morning.
Don't forget the Free Swag!
- We still have a bunch of INOVA sponsored Buy Fresh, Buy Local bags left over from National Farmers Market Week just a couple weeks ago! Come by the market and pick yours up this weekend!
- Pledge to celebrate at 4MRMarket this summer and the folks at American Farmland Trust will send you a free "No Farms No Food" bumper sticker. Your pledge will help show prospective vendors that there's community support. (Donations to support AFT are optional.)
- The Buy Fresh, Buy Local and Win campaign continues this weekend at 4MRMarket!
Bring your “Farm. Fresh. Pledge.” punch card if you already have one. If you didn't get started yet, just ask for one at 4MRMarket and earn one punch for each $10 you spend on Virginia Grown products.Collect all 14 punches for a chance to win a Virginia Grown® / Virginia’s Finest® gift basket valued at $250. 4MRMarket will also award prizes to monthly drawings from all punch cards received. (See the official rules for more details).
You can fill up your bags with a great selection of produce, meat, cheese, teas, health and beauty products, and more.
4MRMarket Vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
- Old Town Suds - (Alexandria) This maker of eco-friendly soaps, cleaning supplies, bath bombs, and more! Old Town Suds started because Steffanie was allergic to most commercial soaps on the market; then she became really sick and wondered if her health was being made worse by everyday chemicals. Their decadent soaps & nose-pleasing cleaning products are tough on dirt but easy on humans, pets, and the Earth. Look for Port City Beer soap & Legend (Richmond, VA) Beer soap plus the Cup of Joe soap that looks like a latte!
- Charlette Marie Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Raining Cats & Dogs - Gourmet Organic and Gluten Free Pet Treats
- Love Lucy Candles (Alexandria) - Founded on the idea that candles should not only smell good, they should be able to compliment any space with lovely fragrance. They hand-make quality, eco-friendly soy candles that captivate the senses.
- Others pending!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, come talk to us any Sunday. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT and Credit / Debit Card sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via our website and blog.