|More than just apples for the teacher |
at 4MRMarket this weekend! (photo: C&T Produce)
Please keep the market support strong through the fall, keep your kids flush with healthful food, and keep making it a successful Sunday for our busy and devoted farmers!
And don't forget our hard working crafters that put so much into their unique and wonderful products!
Steffanie will be one hand with her home-made soap from Old Town Suds (fresh from her DIY Del Ray write-up). MemoryCard Photography will bring Emily's landscapes, flowers, and water scenes. Raining Cats & Dogs will have their natural pet treats. And the mobile boutique of Colorful Life will allow customers to walk aboard the truck stocked with trendy clothing and accessories and even try on the pieces in our their dressing room.
|Groove to Frenchy LeBlanc from |
10am to noon on the 4MRMarket Stage
4MRMarket veteran Frenchy LeBlanc this Sunday from 10am-noon!
Bop along with local crooner Frenchie LeBlanc on the 4MRMarket Stage with Frenchie's third performance with us this season! Frenchi's Swing’n Blues, Rockabilly, HonkyTonk, and Old School Rock n’ Roll mix of music for all ages has been a real hit in the past, and we recommend you check him out if you haven't already!
Remember, the concert is free, but Frenchie and all our performers welcome tips and friendly applause for sharing their craft with you on a lovely Sunday morning.
Please see the 4MRMarket FaceBook event page for more information about the show!
Don't forget the Free Swag!
- We still have INOVA sponsored Buy Fresh, Buy Local bags left over from National Farmers Market Week just a month ago! Come by the market and pick yours up this weekend!
- Pledge to celebrate at 4MRMarket this summer and the folks at American Farmland Trust will send you a free "No Farms No Food" bumper sticker. Your pledge will help show prospective vendors that there's community support. (Donations to support AFT are optional.)
- The Buy Fresh, Buy Local and Win campaign continues this weekend at 4MRMarket!
Bring your “Farm. Fresh. Pledge.” punch card if you already have one. If you didn't get started yet, just ask for one at 4MRMarket and earn one punch for each $10 you spend on Virginia Grown products.Collect all 14 punches for a chance to win a Virginia Grown® / Virginia’s Finest® gift basket valued at $250. 4MRMarket will also award prizes to monthly drawings from all punch cards received. (See the official rules for more details).
You can fill up your bags with a great selection of produce, meat, cheese, teas, health and beauty products, and more.
4MRMarket Vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
- MemoryCard Photography - New to the Alexandria area, Emily previously showed her work in and around the Williamsburg area, but just recently began selling her photos in the Alexandria area. She currently has inventory up at Killer E.S.P. on King Street in Old Town Alexandria. She specializes in nature photography such as landscapes, flowers, and water scenes. Feel free to check out her Etsy page!
- Charlette Marie Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Raining Cats & Dogs - Gourmet Organic and Gluten Free Pet Treats
- Colorful Life (McLean, VA) - Food trucks may not be permitted yet in Alexandria, but this roving truck selling contemporary Women's apparel will bring the goods to market! Like any boutique, the customer can walk aboard the truck stocked with trendy clothing and accessories and even try on the pieces in our dressing room.
- Others pending!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, come talk to us any Sunday. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT and Credit / Debit Card sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via our website and blog.