|Free blood pressure and BMI screening at 4MRMarket!|
The INOVA Mobile Health Unit will be on site for the whole market, so drop by anytime! See the Facebook event page for more details!
Have you made it out to 4MRMarket lately? If not, take a "virtual tour" to see what all the hubbub is about! Thanks go out to talented musician Mike Elosh for the background music! (Click on this link if the video below doesn't load.
Watch this video and enjoy a virtual tour of 4MRMarket from last Sunday.
Once again this weekend, 4MRMarket will be loaded with great crafty artisans adding to the market experience. A new artisan vendor this weekend: Scented crafts a line of handmade, luxurious bath and body products including Body Polish, Kiss My Lips lip balm, Body Creme, Body Lotion, Moisturizing Bath Salts and Baby Lotions. Scented will be attending in alternating weeks from Old Town Suds throughout the rest of the season.
It's worth dropping by 4MRMarket each week just to see what new items you'll find.
|Enjoy The Back Alley Blues Boys from 10am-noon|
As always, the concert is free, but our performers welcome tips and friendly applause for sharing their craft with you on a lovely Sunday morning.
Please see the 4MRMarket FaceBook event page for more information about the show!
Free Swag and Contests!
- We still have INOVA sponsored Buy Fresh, Buy Local bags left over from National Farmers Market Week just a month ago! Come by the market and pick yours up this weekend!
- We should hear about the winner of the The Buy Fresh, Buy Local and Win campaign soon. The winner receives a Virginia Grown® / Virginia’s Finest® gift basket valued at $250.
4MRMarket Vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- What's For Dinner Now - aka The Stifler Farm. Farm-raised Black Angus beef, humanely raised on lush pasture fields of the Shenandoah Valley, naturally farmed pork...and now... Uncle Frank's Grilling Sauce!!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
- Whole Health (Alexandria) - Organic teas and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia
- Raining Cats & Dogs - Gourmet Organic and Gluten Free Pet Treats
- Rustic Refineries (Alexandria) - This local due makes and sells refinished furniture, salvaged antiques and vintage items, plus jewelry made from old skeleton keys and wreaths and ornaments made from vintage music paper.
- Whitney's World, Kenya Microcrafts - Fair trade handmade baskets and jewelry from Kenya.
- Others pending!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, come talk to us any Sunday. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT and Credit / Debit Card sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via our website and blog.