|Furloughed Feds will have scones, cupcakes, |
and other breakfast items and treats!
Both the ever rotating array of crafty artisans AND the produce, fresh beef, pork, cheese, and more are fresh every week at 4MRMarket. Our hard working vendors bring something for everyone! It's worth dropping by each week just to see what new items you'll find.
Furloughed Feds Fine Frippery are back this weekend! Those efficient users of unexpected free time will have all of their great baked goods for you to stock up on this weekend! And for their grand finale, 5% of total sales will be donate to the Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund. Due to sequestration and furloughs, FEEA is processing more loans than ever. The unprecedented need over the past several months has eaten up 90% of their annual emergency loan budget and has unfortunately created a cash flow problem for FEEA, forcing them to curtail loans in order to remain solvent.
|New this week! Shutter Love Creations |
adds photography to artisan jewelry
|The O Street Band will be onstage from 10 am to noon!|
The O Street Band plays a wonderfully eclectic mix of rock, blues, folk, and other assorted musical styles. Their unique sound is a blend of guitar, keyboards, flute and vocal harmonies.
The band covers a wide variety of artists from the 60s to today, including Bonnie Raitt, Sarah McLachlan, the Cranberries, Red Molly, James Brown, Patsy Cline, Darius Rucker and many more!
The members of the O Street Band love to play and it shows in their performances. Audiences love their infectious enthusiasm, top-notch musicianship, and
sense of humor.
As always, the concert is free, but our performers welcome tips and friendly applause for sharing their craft with you on a lovely Sunday morning.
Please see the 4MRMarket FaceBook event page for more information about the show!
Free Swag and Contests!
- We still have INOVA sponsored Buy Fresh, Buy Local bags left over from National Farmers Market Week just a month ago! Come by the market and pick yours up this weekend!
- Pledge to celebrate at 4MRMarket this summer and the folks at American Farmland Trust will send you a free "No Farms No Food" bumper sticker. Your pledge will help show prospective vendors that there's community support. (Donations to support AFT are optional.)
- The Buy Fresh, Buy Local and Win campaign continues this weekend at 4MRMarket!
Bring your “Farm. Fresh. Pledge.” punch card if you already have one. If you didn't get started yet, just ask for one at 4MRMarket and earn one punch for each $10 you spend on Virginia Grown products.Collect all 14 punches for a chance to win a Virginia Grown® / Virginia’s Finest® gift basket valued at $250. 4MRMarket will also award prizes to monthly drawings from all punch cards received. (See the official rules for more details).
You can fill up your bags with a great selection of produce, meat, cheese, teas, health and beauty products, and more.
4MRMarket Vendors this week:
- C &T Produce (White Oak, VA) - A huge selection of locally grown produce from a locally, family-run farm in Stafford, Virginia.
- The Stifler Farm aka "What's For Dinner Now" - will be at the beach this week!! Place your orders online for next week's return.
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese and yogurt, farm-fresh eggs, and Pennsylvania honey.
- St. Elmo's Coffee Pub (Del Ray) - Brewed coffee, tea, and always a few extra goodies!
- Raining Cats & Dogs - Gourmet Organic and Gluten Free Pet Treats
- Shutter Love Creations (Arlington) - Local photographer Jaclyn O'Laughlin loves to travel and uses pictures that she has taken on trips throughout the United States and different parts of the world for unique pieces of jewelry. You can find original photos in earrings, bracelets and necklaces, and she can also customize products for you if you have a favorite image you want turned into jewelry! Her work can also be found on Etsy.
- MemoryCard Photography - New to the Alexandria area, Emily previously showed her work in and around the Williamsburg area, but just recently began selling her photos in the Alexandria area. She currently has inventory up at Killer E.S.P. on King Street in Old Town Alexandria. She specializes in nature photography such as landscapes, flowers, and water scenes. Feel free to check out her Etsy page!
- Charlette Marie Beauty (Centreville, VA) - A naturally effective, eco-friendly, line of handmade bath and body skin care goodies. Her products are made with bio-dynamic, natural botanical active ingredients.
- Colorful Life (McLean, VA) - Food trucks may not be permitted yet in Alexandria, but this roving truck selling contemporary Women's apparel will bring the goods to market! Like any boutique, the customer can walk aboard the truck stocked with trendy clothing and accessories and even try on the pieces in our dressing room.
- Others pending!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
HELP. If you'd like to volunteer with the 4MRMarket, come talk to us any Sunday. You'll be able to volunteer to help process SNAP/EBT and Credit / Debit Card sales, help us keep our books, help set up or tear down for the market, or help us find musicians to play the market. You can also find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
READ. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or via our website and blog.