|Joanna from Nurture Designs welcomed Athena from AthenaStyles to 4MRMarket!|
Sunday promises us continued but confusing great weather, perfect for enjoying the 4MRMarket wares in the company of the community. We're grateful for you support and we look forward to seeing you!
We're still looking for a replacement for fill a last-minute cancellation on the 4MR Stage. Let's hope for a surprise!!
Here is who you will find at 4MRMarket!
- Montoya's Farm (King George, VA) - Northern Neck farmers specializing in Latin ingredients and many varieties of popular produce.
- OFF THIS WEEK Savory 'N Sweet (Alexandria) - Your local Bulgarian baker! Maker of Savory and Sweet Breads, Breakfast Pastries, Fruit Pies, Breadsticks, and Granola.
- She Peppers (Alexandria) - Backyard gardeners who have turned the peppers, vegetables, and herbs that we grow into delicious and unique bbq sauces, pepper sauces, hot sauces, dips, and rubs. She Peppers also sells seeds and seedlings of the various types of peppers, tomatoes, and herbs for patrons.
- Whole Health (Alexandria) - Organic teas, potpourris, and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia.
- Bagel Uprising (Del Ray) - Are you ready to rebel against dry, stale, flavorless bagels? Look no further! Bagel Uprising offers authentic handmade bagels—boiled and baked in small batches—that will satisfy your craving for the real thing. Bagel sales begin at 10am!!
- Captain Xans (Alexandria and Bristol Bay, AK) - Wild caught Alaskan salmon straight from the nets to your table from "the most sustainable fishery on earth!" Flash frozen and never thawed for firmness and taste
- Switch Doctor (Alexandria) - Their switchel is crafted from the traditional hay maker's recipe of ginger, apple cider vinegar and pure Vermont maple syrup. They add other natural ingredients like green tea, turmeric and fresh squeezed lemon juice!
And the talented Crafters:
- OFF THIS WEEK Felicity's Handcrafted Soaps - (Alexandria) - All Season - Specialty crafter of all-natural hand-made soaps and knitted items.
- Nurture Designs (Alexandria) - Local jewelry artisan
- Athena Styles (Alexandria) - Athena loves things that are fun, busy and different: "When I design my jewelry its on of a kind and you won't find nothing like it."
- Every Other Week-Thorn & Thistle (Takoma Park. MD) is a traveling flower shop that visits your local farmer and flea markets. We offer modern, insatiably peculiar and affordable flower arrangements sized moderate to minuscule.
Remember, the concert is free, but ? and all our performers welcome tips and friendly applause for sharing their craft with you on a lovely Sunday morning.
Composting at 4MRMarket!
Bring your non-animal-based food scraps in any type of container you choose, or purchase one on-site for a very low fee.
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
BUY. Proceeds of our 4MRMarket T-shirts go to support the expansion and revitalization of 4MR Park. They cost $12 and come in 4 colors.
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
VOLUNTEER. We love help with set-up and tear-down and/or processing SNAP/EBT and Credit / Debit Card sales. Just find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
FOLLOW. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email or via our website and blog.