|4MRMarket is the host to many aspiring entrepreneurs!|
Founded to support the revitalization and expansion of Four Mile Run Park, 4MRMarket has worked with various community partners to create a venue that is inviting, clean and a resource for the diverse neighborhood of Arlandria. This year, we funded the formation of the Four Mile Run Conservatory Foundation and this new non-profit is already holding grant-supported park improvement events like the recent planting of 2 dozen new trees. This week we met our neighbors and hope to have folks help us learn more about our wild friends living in the park!
|Have you met the neighbors?|
We've all helped bring about a lot of improvement to Four Mile Run Park through fund-raising and plain, old hard work. We've helped raise funds for a variety of other non-profits and helped folks of all walks of life Buy Fresh, Buy Local.
As a 100% neighborhood volunteer run market, we are proud that 4MRMarket serves as an incubator for small start-up businesses, a space for non-profits to promote their causes, and a community gathering place for live music, fellowship, and quality food and craft options.
Read on to see what's happening this Sunday.
- Montoya's Farm (King George, VA) - Northern Neck farmers specializing in Latin ingredients and many varieties of popular produce.
- Savory 'N Sweet (Alexandria) - Your local Bulgarian baker! Maker of Savory and Sweet Breads, Breakfast Pastries, Fruit Pies, Breadsticks, and Granola.
- She Peppers (Alexandria) - Backyard gardeners who have turned the peppers, vegetables, and herbs that we grow into delicious and unique bbq sauces, pepper sauces, hot sauces, dips, and rubs. She Peppers also sells seeds and seedlings of the various types of peppers, tomatoes, and herbs for patrons.
- OFF THIS WEEK Whole Health (Alexandria) - Organic teas, potpourris, and body scrubs from one of the largest Message and Acupuncture Therapy businesses in Northern Virginia.
- Bagel Uprising (Del Ray) - Are you ready to rebel against dry, stale, flavorless bagels? Look no further! Bagel Uprising offers authentic handmade bagels—boiled and baked in small batches—that will satisfy your craving for the real thing. Bagel sales begin at 10am!!
- Captain Xans (Alexandria and Bristol Bay, AK) - Wild caught Alaskan salmon straight from the nets to your table from "the most sustainable fishery on earth!" Flash frozen and never thawed for firmness and taste
- Switch Doctor (Alexandria) - Their switchel is crafted from the traditional hay maker's recipe of ginger, apple cider vinegar and pure Vermont maple syrup. They add other natural ingredients like green tea, turmeric and fresh squeezed lemon juice!
- Tom's Amish Cheese Store (Lancaster, PA) - Artisan Cheese, yogurt and Pennsylvania honey.
And the talented Crafters:
- Felicity's Handcrafted Soaps - (Alexandria) - All Season - Specialty crafter of all-natural hand-made soaps and knitted items.
- Nurture Designs (Alexandria) - Local jewelry artisan
- Athena Styles (Alexandria) - Athena loves things that are fun, busy and different: "When I design my jewelry its on of a kind and you won't find nothing like it."
- Every Other Week-Thorn & Thistle (Takoma Park. MD) is a traveling flower shop that visits your local farmer and flea markets. We offer modern, insatiably peculiar and affordable flower arrangements sized moderate to minuscule.
- Girl Scout Troop 3972 - Gift Sale Fundraiser!
- Jaycees Wreath Fundraiser - Wreaths from a farm in Washington state. All the proceeds go to an end of the year event for children from the homeless shelter, foster children and children from low income families.
|Come get some great gifts from the Girl Scouts up until 10:30!|
Composting at 4MRMarket!
See below all the ways to help and participate in the market!
|The supercool 4MRMarket t-shirt|
BUY. Proceeds of our 4MRMarket T-shirts go to support the expansion and revitalization of 4MR Park. They cost $12 and come in 4 colors.
DONATE. Help 4MRMarket help 4MRPark. Tax-deductible donations can be made to support us in our efforts to revitalize Four Mile Run Park. Donate to the City's Living Landscape Fund to fund tree and other amenities at 4MRExpand More information here.
VOLUNTEER. We love help with set-up and tear-down and/or processing SNAP/EBT and Credit / Debit Card sales. Just find a Market Manager to ask to help, or email us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org for more info.
FOLLOW. Keep up to date on all the goings on by following 4MRMarket on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email or via our website and blog.