Downloadable Files for Vendors
Thanks for your interest! Please complete your application and send it to us at 4MRMarket@arlandria.org or follow mailing instructions in the application.
To join us, check out our 2017 Market Vendor Application and Rules Addendum located above. Food vendors must fill out an Alexandria Health Department application to operate at any market in Alexandria, if you haven't already.
4MRMarket was founded to support the revitalization and expansion of Four Mile Run Park and to provide a local source of quality produce, meat, baked goods, prepared foods, artisan products and crafts to people in Alexandria, Arlington and beyond. The market has worked with various community partners to create a venue that is inviting, clean, and a resource for the diverse neighborhood of Arlandria. Over the past couple of years we've raised money to purchase and plant several dozen new trees in the park. And we're contributing to the major stream restoration taking place nearby.
As a 100% neighborhood volunteer -market, we are proud that the market serves as an incubator for small start-up businesses, a space for non-profits to promote their causes, and a community gathering place for live music, fellowship, and quality food and craft options.
You may apply and begin selling upon acceptance of your application.
Other Highlights and Information
- Neighborhoods: 4MRMarket is surrounded by middle to high income neighborhoods (Arlington Ridge, Crystal City, Del Ray, Beverly Hills) and low-to-middle income neighborhoods (Arlandria, Lynhaven, Shirlington, Shirley Park). Our customers are always eager for both inexpensive, quality goods, as well as higher end goods such as grass fed beef and seafood.
- 4MR Stage: We host music most weeks at the market on the stage that's part of the Arlandria/Four Mile Run Community Building. The market takes place at the foot of the stage and musicians and other performers are often present at the market.
- Weekly 4MRMarket Report: each week, we send out an email preview of the upcoming market to customers. Once you sign up and are accepted as a vendor, please let us know if you'll be there or not each week and any highlights for the upcoming market. The newsletter goes out to over 3,000 email recipients and nearly 2,000 people on Facebook, twitter, google+, and Instagram.
- Bathrooms: Available within the Four Mile Run Conservatory building.
- Marketing: In addition to the 4MRMarket Report, we use social media, flyering of key neighborhoods, and several large area neighborhood listservs, among other initiatives. We have received coverage on NPR and regularly get coverage in local media (Alexandria Times, Alexandria Gazette-Packet, Del Ray Patch, etc). We are listed in Washington Post Food section in their annual Farmers Market list.
At 4MRMarket, we decided on very low vendor fees. It's just $150 for the outdoor season (about $3/day if you attend all weeks). Daily vendor fees for the 4MRMarket this year will be $25/day. However, once a vendor has paid 6 daily fees, we will allow them to come to any or all remaining markets for the season free of charge! We are also exploring occasional indoor event for small craft vendors for which associated fees are pending.
Thank You! Thank you for your time. We hope you choose to apply to be part of our market!